Saturday, May 12, 2018
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
8010 North Charleston Avenue
Why you need to be involved
Portland is at a pivotal point in its history. As our city grows we need to ensure that the people are in charge of the growth and in driving policies that make Portland a city that works for all. In order to accomplish this we need a strong network of leaders, empowered citizens, and equitable opportunities for participating in decision making — that’s you!
We aim to bring together a diverse and multi-generational group of citizens who are invested in leaving this city better than we found it, to empower citizen voices, and to make change happen.
We can’t wait to spend the day making change for Portland.
You are a valuable part of that change. We want your brain and energy there!
Our goals for the day
• Develop leadership equipped to create dynamic and sustainable change.
• Ignite the spirit of participatory democracy in Portland by bringing new voices to the table.
• Bring people together across generations and across backgrounds to implement creative solutions to our city’s needs.
How we plan
to do it
Through creative collaboration and the right mix of experienced and rising leaders in the community, we are creating a hybrid unconference-style format in which attendees work together to create solutions for the sustainable growth of our city.
Featuring speakers, workshops, attendee-led panels, and pitches. Some current agenda items include:
• A Just Energy Transition proposal that addresses climate change on a local level and its disproportionate impact on communities of color. We'll have speakers from the coalition behind this project such as 350pdx, NAACP, Coalition of Communities of Color, and others.
• Joining the fight to bring contribution limits to the City of Portland and to the State of Oregon, just like we did with ballot measure 26-184 in Multnomah County. Help get big money out of politics.
• Trainings on topics by local experts on effective local lobbying and advocacy, running for office, civic engagement, and more.
• Opportunities for attendees to pitch their own projects for collaboration and recruitment.